Web Finds: 50 Life-Changing Quotes



I have a list of favorite quotes hitherto hidden in my Facebook 'Favorite Quotations' page that no one ever sees. This time, I've decided to share it with everyone. I love quotes. I live by them and I have most of these permanently written in my mind. Those who come to me for advice will hear one or two quotes that applies to their exact situation because that's just who I am. I'm a book of quotes. So here you go, and I've bolded the ones that I truly love and live by.

Let's get to it:

Your privilege is comprised of the questions you’ve never had to ask.
-Catherynne Valente

Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt. - Unknown

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

Curiosity did not kill the cat; he was murdered to keep his revelations quiet. - Unknown

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges. - Joseph F. Newton

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose, if you're given the choice, then, I'm begging you, choose to walk away.  - Mayday Parade

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness. - Ibn Taymiyyah

It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.' - Peter Mcwilliams

If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend? - Unknown

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words make psychological wounds that can never heal.  - Mr. Turner from Fairy Oddparents

You are who you are when no one is looking. - Unknown

Hope for the best, expect the worst. - Mel Brooks

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used. - Unknown

When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

After a while, you learn not to get hurt anymore because you wear your past like a shield. - Anonymous

I'm young enough to do it, old enough to do it right. -Unknown

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with everything they have. - Unknown

You gave me a forever within the numbered days. - The Fault in our Stars (John Green)

If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. and I don’t want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too. I want them to be able to do whatever they want around me. - The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Steven Chbosky)

We must not expect happiness. It is not something we deserve. When life goes well, it's a sudden gift. It cannot last forever. - Memoirs of a Geisha

Let the past make you better, not bitter. - Unknown

It is very sad to me that some people are so intent on leaving their mark on the world that they don't care if that mark is a scar. - John Green

Maybe things don’t happen for a reason. Maybe we’re just grasping for ways to make sense of the chaos around us. Maybe we’re giving meaning to things that have no meaning. Maybe we’re clinging to hope so hard that we forget about reality. What if we’re wrong and nothing is meant to be? We’re just lost souls wandering endlessly, desperately, seeking comfort from the notion that things will work out in the end no matter what. What if we’ve tricked ourselves into believing that everything will be okay in the end just so we don’t have to face the reality that maybe it won’t? - M.P.

They’ve promised that dreams can come true but forgot to mention that nightmares are dreams, too. - Oscar Wilde

I think you could fall in love with anyone if you saw the parts of them that no one else gets to see. Like if you followed them around invisibly for a day and you saw them crying in their bed at night or singing to themselves as they make a sandwich or even just walking along the street and even if they were really weird and had no friends at school, I think after seeing them at their most vulnerable you wouldn’t be able to help falling in love with them. - Unknown

If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. -Lao Tzu

We accept the love we think we deserve. - Perks of Being a Wallflower (Steven Chbosky)

You don't look for love. It comes to you just at the right time; the time you never thought it would have. - Anonymous

I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws arranged in a way that allowed two separated beings to hinge together.' - Lisa Kleypas

I think she was afraid to love sometimes. I think it scared her. She was the type to like things that are concrete, like the ocean. Something you could point to and know what it was. And i think that's why she struggled with love. She couldn't touch it. She couldn't hold on to it and make sure it never changed.' - Carrie Ryan

It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.  - The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)

Maybe your first love is the one that sticks with you because it’s the only person who will ever receive all of you. After that, you learn better. But, most of all, no matter what, a piece of you forever remains left behind in the heart of the one you loved - a piece no future lover could ever get, no matter what. That piece holds innocence - the belief that love really can last forever. It holds friendship and pain, trial and error, that one kiss you’ll never forget and that night under the stars you can never get back. It holds youth and everything you thought love would be. Everything that was proven wrong. - Unknown

'Maybe love stays. Maybe love can’t. Maybe love shouldn’t. Love arrives exactly when love is supposed to; and love leaves exactly when love must. When love arrives, say, “Welcome,  make yourself comfortable.” If love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her. Turn off the music. Listen to the quiet. Whisper, “Thank you for stopping by.” - Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye

If people could see me the way I see myself - if they could live in my memories - would anyone love me' - An Abundance of Katherines (John Green)

My biggest fear is that eventually you will see me the way I see myself. - Unknown

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you. - Buddha

I sit here everyday and pick apart my flaws like weeds, and wonder how anyone could see them as roses. -M.O.

My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me, and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing, and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier. - Anthony Hopkins

Everyone makes all of these lists in their heads about what they want in a lover. Like brown hair and a sweet voice. A sharp mind and a soft heart. A sense of humor that actually makes you laugh like you mean it. This and that. And it's all complete crap. Because people aren't lists. People shouldn't be compared to mental lists. I've always wanted to be the person who made someone realize that. I want to come across someone with a list in their head that is nothing like the person I am, and I want to show them what they didn't even know they were looking for. People who think they know what they want are fooling themselves. Nobody really knows what or who they want; not until it's right in front of them. - Anonymous

Oscar Wilde said that if you know what you want to be, then you inevitably become it - that is your punishment, but if you never know, then you can be anything. There is a truth to that. We are not nouns, we are verbs. I am not a thing - an actor, a writer - I am a person who does things - I write, I act - and I never know what I am going to do next. I think you can be imprisoned if you think of yourself as a noun. - Stephen Fry

'My sadness is not
a cut for you to bandage,
and it is not
a bruise for you to kiss.

I am not waiting
for you to save me.
I am hoping you will love me
while I rescue myself.' - Anonymous

Male privilege is “I have a boyfriend” being the only thing that can actually stop someone from hitting on you because they respect another male-bodied person more than they respect your rejection/lack of interest. - The Sociological Cinema

The confidence people have in their beliefs is not a measure of the quality of evidence but of the coherence of the story that the mind has managed to construct. - Daniel Kahneman

 Everyone needs a place. It shouldn’t be inside of someone else. - Richard Siken

Someone once told me that human beings have three dimensions: how you see yourself, how others see you, and how you want others to see you. The closer the distance between the three dimensions, the more at peace you are and the more stable you become.” - Marwa Rakha
 There is no designated time for anything in your life. You don’t have to have your first kiss at any certain time, you don’t have to get married in your 20′s and you don’t have to do anything just because other people think it’s best. In fact, you will be much better off if you just do what your heart says. The day you stop caring what other people think is the day their opinions don’t mean anything, because you’re not there to give them weight. - Unknown 
 I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself. - The Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka)
We judge people by their actions and ourselves by our intentions. -Stephen M.R. Covey

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" -Hunter S. Thompson

No comments :

Post a Comment