Back/Forth: Weight, Dieting, and Women



Back/Forth is a section for arguments with my friends regarding an issue and how we come to a conclusion, or close to it. These are copy-pasted from my Whatsapp, so excuse the spelling and grammar.

Issue: Women complain too much that they're fat yet they don't do anything about it.


Let's get to it:


Anonymous: I read the article about being 'fat for an asian' and its absolutely ridiculous

Jasmine: It's true. Why is it ridiculous?

Anonymous: Just go on a diet for fuck's sake, like, no one is born fat

Jasmine: Yes they are, its genetics, some people have a slower metabolism than others, and being 'fat for an asian' means if you gain a few pounds you're already mocked for it

Anonymous: Genetics and stuff affects a little but no, trust me, some body type aren't thin but doesn't mean they can't be

Jasmine: White or Latina girls can be curvy and its fine

Anonymous: Well, if you don't want to be mocked then go on a diet. And that's because White and Latina girls have curves in their tits and ass and it's hot

Jasmine: People have different body types. There are people who are skinny like me and there are people who are big-boned. It's genetics. Like how my sister has big legs because my dad has big legs, even though her torso is smaller than mine.

Anonymous: I know it's different, but look at it this way. Look at Arnie

Jasmine: Who's Arnie

Anonymous: Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was big. Did you think he was born that big?

Jasmine: That's different, guys can lift

Anonymous: Girls can too! Why can't girls lift? If they spent more time in the gym rather than rant about people calling them fat = problem solved. I just don't get it. Like, it's fair play that some girls have a bigger body type but doesn't mean they can't get fit, it just means its harder. Like, my body type was super skinny and weak, and it was so hard for me to eat right and routinely go to the gym

Jasmine: TRUE. Girls complain a lot about being fat but they don't do shit about it.

Anonymous: Honestly, I don't mean anything by this, but rather than saying, "I'm so fat," or google shit about people who suffer from being called fat or ask everyone "how to diet" or eat pills, FUCKING GO TO THE GYM IS THAT SO HARD? Honestly, 45 minutes a day, 3x a week and watch what you eat. I think it's good actually, when people say, "did you get fatter?" because those same people say, "wow you got skinnier!" right? Like, Indonesians are honest, and if someone tells you you got fat then take that as an incentive to get slimmer. When people say to me, "hey did you get buffer?" or "Whoa how did you get so ripped?" it's the best feeling ever because I fucking worked hard on it. I was naturally skinny and weak and when I started going to the gym I didn't want to do bench presses until the gym was empty because I couldn't even lift the bar on its own. But if I thought if I don't start today then when can I progress? I'm only going to delay it.

Jasmine: See with girls, they refuse to do that because they blame society's beauty standards. They don't wanna work in the gym or diet because they believe society should change for them

Anonymous: Honestly, girls complain too much. That's called being lazy. Dieting doesn't mean not eating.

Jasmine: Some girls are just naturally big boned and they don't want to be forced into working out and dieting to achieve something unattainable. They want the world to accept them for who they are. Fat and all.

Anonymous: It's not unattainable. Did you know that Chloe Grace Moretz has big bones? I could see that. You have a better body than her, but I bet she works out to achieve that body. Like, maybe I'm not going to get supper ripped because I don't have the genes, but I'm going to try to reach my body's potential to be the best it could be with what I've got

Jasmine: But why should you work out and diet and stuff when you don't want to? Like, I love to eat. Thank god I don't have a problem with weight but I can see why girls don't wanna diet. Food is fuckin' awesome.

Anonymous: Jaz, I fucking love to eat too. But if you love to eat and you don't want to hit the gym to stay fit then DON'T complain about being fat and about society. You think models have it easy? Like they were born with that body? They worked hard for that. What I'm saying is if you don't want to go to the gym and wanna eat out all the time then that's on you, but don't blame society. Don't blame people who say, "did you get fatter?" Because if you got fatter then you must've realized it yourself, and you're just scared to face facts from other people's mouths even though they're telling you the truth. I bet if you got skinnier or fitter, that same person who said you got fat will say, "hey, did you get thinner?"

Jasmine: But sometimes society wants you to be like STICK SKINNY and they can't be stick skinny. They can only be average or curvy at best. What can they do then?

Anonymous: Who the fuck told them to be stick skinny? I'm sure if you tried your best to be in the best possible shape you won't be insecure, even if you're not stick skinny. What I mean is that if you love to eat and you hate exercising plus your genes are fat then what do you expect is going to happen?

Jasmine: True. Fuck.

Anonymous: You want to get mad at society? Get mad at the honest people who tell you, "did you get fat?"


No comments :

Post a Comment