Web Finds: Dina Brodsky



The work you see in art galleries are usually large and sets out to engulf you in their beauty. But Dina Brodsky's minuscule paintings refuse to become the center of attention. These realistic oil paintings could take anywhere from 15 hours to 300 hours to complete, with the largest being a mere 8 inches by 8 inches. When she studied at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, she was told to drop her tiny illustrations. It wasn't until she earned her masters in Fine Arts from the New York Academy of Art that she learned to cherish her work. You can see more of her paintings on her website and Instagram

Let's get to it:











1 comment :

  1. I love visiting art galleries to appreciate some of the more "formal" art. Equally, I have a deep appreciation for things more people choose to discard, which is why I often find gems in thrift shops. It is a great sensation to be able to find beauty in almost everything. I found myself looking at the water melting from the winter snow as it drained along the road and into the sewer; it mesmerized me the same way art often has. No one can tell me what is beautiful and what is not. That definition is up to me and I hope everyone can recognize that for themselves as well.

    ReplyDelete